Creamy cashew-almond nut butter that tastes like cookie dough! Addictive and perfect for baking, eating by the spoonful or spreading on fruit. Paleo, dairy and gluten free.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On large baking sheet spread out almonds and cashews and roast in oven for 10 minutes until slightly brown. Be very careful not to burn the nuts! Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer nuts to the bowl of a food processor and process for 10-15 minutes, scraping down the sides as necessary (about every 2 minutes). At this point the nuts should start to clump together.
- Add in a teaspoon of coconut oil and continue to process until you reach the desired consistency; add another teaspoon of coconut oil if you’d like it creamier.
- Next add in vanilla extract, coconut sugar and sea salt. Process again for 30 seconds. Taste and add more salt or coconut sugar if necessary.
- Next add in cacao nibs and pulse a few times to incorporate nibs into the nut butter.
- Transfer to a mason jar and store at room temperature for 1 week.
- Store in fridge for up to a month if you want it to last longer.