If you are craving for a hot and healthy chicken dish, this is the right recipe that you must try – Cashew Chicken. Tasty bites of chicken in a light sauce with red bell pepper, topped with crunchy cashews . You can have this dish on the table in about 15 min. Skip the take out..make it at home. It’s so easy and more healthy!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 ¼ pound chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red chili, deseeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 cup cashews, dry roasted and unsalted
- 3 tablespoons Coconut aminos
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 4 spring onion, chopped
- In a small bowl mix the coconut aminos, honey and vinegar. Set aside.
- Place the chicken, salt, black pepper and arrowroot flour (if using) in another bowl and mix to coat. Set aside.
- In a wok heat the oils over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, red peppers, garlic, chili and ginger.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add cashews and mix to combine.
- Stir in coconut aminos mixture and lower the heat to medium low.
- Cook for another minute or two, then remove from heat, divide between serving plates, sprinkle with spring onions and serve.